The monument is dedicated to the memory of one hundred and two officers – graduates of the War College who were executed by the Nazis in the years 1939–1945. The College was established in 1921 and was originally called the War School, but in 1934 it was renamed the War College. The College occupied the third floor of Tychonova Street no. 1 in Prague. The War College was operating until 1938, respective 1939, now this object became the seat of the Czech Minister of Defense and Armed Forces.