The Cathedral of St Vitus, Wenceslas and Adalbert is the most significant church within the Prague Castle. The church used to be a place for coronations of Czech kings and religious services. Apart from this, the Czech Crown Jewels and the remains of Czech monarchs, saints and archbishops are situated inside of the cathedral. The foundation of the Church of St Vitus started in the 10th century under the rule of Prince Wenceslas, who later became the patron of the Czech nation. The importance of this place increased when the Prague bishopric was established here. In the 14th century the church was rebuilt into a Gothic cathedral during the rule of the Holy Roman Emperor and the Czech King Charles IV. The reconstruction was led by Peter Parler and Matthias of Arras. St Vitus Cathedral complex was completed in 1929 for the millennial anniversary of the death of St Wenceslas and now it is used for important events.